Ir al contenido principal

Why I took an entrepreneurship course?



"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" - Muhammad Ali

My first time as an entrepreneur was when I was in the kinder. My father bought a package of candies, and I sell it in the kindergarten. My candies were different to other candies that the kindergarten sold, so I sold a lot of candies. This and other experiences have tough me some basic principles of become an entrepreneur.
When I knew that one of available emphasis in my business management program was entrepreneurship, I started to ponder if would be useful for my career to take this emphasis.

 I started to review the biography of some important entrepreneurs. Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook didn’t take any course of entrepreneurship on Harvard, but he had as mentor Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs has as mentor Larry Page.

The analysis of these and other influencers could support the popular thought that suggest that entrepreneurship is a natural skill, and cannot be developed or learned in a classroom. But, if we analyze it carefully, entrepreneurs received an instruction of any mentor, and without a mentor their journey would be impossible or more difficult.

Larry Page and Steve Jobs are dead, and they cannot be my mentors, but I can take advantage of available sources like the course of Introduction to Entrepreneurship at BYUI.

This course won’t make me a successful entrepreneur for the same reason that all friend of Steve Jobs are not entrepreneurs, but this course will give me some necessary tools to have a change in the way to become a successful entrepreneur.

Bibliography

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

“Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things” Randy Pausch This week, I had the opportunity of watch by first time the video The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I found it instructional and motivating, so I will share the YouTube video in this blog. If we analyze the speech of Randy Pausch, we face that he had many dreams in their children as much of us. He wanted to feel 0 gravity, playing football, being a Disney imaginer, etc. But the reason because Randy achieve his childhood dreams was because he taught that all things are possible, and he had the inspiration to make his best effort to accomplish his goals. Something important in the life of Randy is that he didn’t achieve his dreams as was originally written, he discovered that some dreams needed to be modified to be attainable, so he did it. Dreams were important in the life Randy, and in our life because give us an objective. Personally, I admire Martin Luther King because he ...

Last Lecture

This week, my grandmother leave us; she passed away. She was an example of how to become an entrepreneur, she was not the founder of any profit or nonprofit organization, but she left her personal mark in the mind of a big population. What was my grandmother business? My grandmother business was the happiness. She studied nursery, and she learned the necessary skills to care about the health of people, but she had a powerful resource, her most valuable resource was the passion that she had to serve others. How was she a leader? She motivated others to participate in her business. Two weeks ago, she was sick, but she did not want to stay at home, and cry. As she did during her entire life, she got up every morning, and visited the old and disadvantages people in the town, she ministered them individually. Acts like that motivated people around her to become part of the same enterprise: to serve others. She did not die as a rich woman, and she never received a public r...

Successful Entrepreneur Attributes

This week, I was studying about some attributes of a successful entrepreneur. The first attribute that I learned was perseverance. When, I was a full time missionary, one of the principles that I enjoyed to share with people was “enduring to the end”. In the gospel, frequently, people make covenants with quickly, and the start to receive blessings, but suddenly a proof afflicts them, and some of them abandon the righteousness, and they lost the blessings that God had prepared for them. As people who abandon their covenants with God, some entrepreneurs abandon their goal when they see problems in the way. Only perseverant entrepreneurs have the joy of taste the sweet reward. Another attribute of a good entrepreneur is his ability to find and built a good team, and he knows how to use this team in a way that produce the best results. Number 3, a good entrepreneur has a firm grasp of which numbers are important. And finally, a good entrepreneur is a person who knows ...