Ir al contenido principal

I Continue Learning

In Good to Great book, we learn that good is enemy of great because when people are comfortable with their results, they are not able to fix better and higher goals.

Also, James C. Collins invite us to choose the correct people for the company. This people, and you must be disciplined people, this mean that leaders must be humble, commitment, organized, inject personal capabilities, and make meaningful contributions based on talents, skills, good work, etc.; after you have selected people, then you can make assignments for members of company. The author teaches us the importance of disciplined thoughts, this mean confronts the true facts, and understand the hedgehog concept. And finally, it is important to create within the company a culture of discipline, and implement technology accelerators.


This week, reading the document “A message to Garcia,” I learned that one of most valuable abilities is the ability to execute. In the document, I learned the following steps:

1. Accept a mission, and get started
2. Be curious, and seek answers
3. Sketch out a plan
4. Ask for necessary resources
5. Enlist help when needed
6. Report
7. Under promise and overdeliver
8. Expect to make mistakes (this is the cost of learn)
9. Put results before schmoozing
10. Replace your voice in your head with positive actions

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Continue your Journey

In the entrepreneurship journey, the most important to reach the goal is staying in the way. Most of entrepreneur don`t reach their goals because they abandon their purpose, or they don’t see a soon happy ending. Elder Holland teach us about blessings, and how sometimes blessings could delay, but for all whom are faithful, blessings will come. Sometimes projects are not following a good way because we are making any mistake. So, it is important during our journey make a step back, visualize the way, make pertinent adjustments, and start to walk to the main objective. Taylor Richards in a video that I was watching this week say that we are able of reach anything, we just need to start, and then during the work new ideas and solutions will come to our mind. Entrepreneur tip: When you are having a problem in the production process of a product or any other project, you can use “the 5 whys”. A method developed by Sakichi Toyoda and used to find the root cause of a defect. Th

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

“Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things” Randy Pausch This week, I had the opportunity of watch by first time the video The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I found it instructional and motivating, so I will share the YouTube video in this blog. If we analyze the speech of Randy Pausch, we face that he had many dreams in their children as much of us. He wanted to feel 0 gravity, playing football, being a Disney imaginer, etc. But the reason because Randy achieve his childhood dreams was because he taught that all things are possible, and he had the inspiration to make his best effort to accomplish his goals. Something important in the life of Randy is that he didn’t achieve his dreams as was originally written, he discovered that some dreams needed to be modified to be attainable, so he did it. Dreams were important in the life Randy, and in our life because give us an objective. Personally, I admire Martin Luther King because he

Why I took an entrepreneurship course?

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" - Muhammad Ali My first time as an entrepreneur was when I was in the kinder. My father bought a package of candies, and I sell it in the kindergarten. My candies were different to other candies that the kindergarten sold, so I sold a lot of candies. This and other experiences have tough me some basic principles of become an entrepreneur. When I knew that one of available emphasis in my business management program was entrepreneurship, I started to ponder if would be useful for my career to take this emphasis.   I started to review the biography of some important entrepreneurs. Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook didn’t take any course of entrepreneurship on Harvard, but he had as mentor Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs has as mentor Larry Page. The analysis of these and other influencers could support the popular thought that sugges